Quick Installation Guide
2. Register your eXplorer 4 (eXplorer 4.0) serial in the ‘My Products’ section and then download and install the correct version of the eXplorer 4 for your music program(host) and computer. The download page can be opened below the product registration.
3. PC users: If you have upgraded from eXplorer-III or any other RP product to eXplorer 4, please run the ‘un-authorizer’ first which is located inside the installerZIP file.
4. Once installed the eXplorer 4 using your serial number, reboot if you are using aMac computer, open your music host and please select and open BLUE-II as your product!The activation screen is shown, which will show your Computer ID.Enter this Computer ID in the entry box for your eXplorer 4 (eXplorer 4.0) in the ‘My Products’ page at www.robpapen.com
5. You will then see an activation code at the website. Enter this activation code in the BLUE-II activation screen, and the eXplorer 4 will be activated and ready to use.Note: Please enter the activation via keyboard rather than copy & paste due to problems with some music hosts.
6. Activation failure may be caused by an incorrect typing/input error. If this is the case then visit ‘My Products’ at www.robpapen.com and there you can ‘deactivate’ the product to redo the activation process. After this if you still have problem then please contact our Support.
General note about our software protection:
In the case of a new computer system you can deactivate your current activation in the ‘My Products’ section.
In the case of a hard disk failure and you are unable to deactivate at ‘My Products’, please log in to robpapen.com and create a support ticket. Check the next pages of detailed installation guide and help.
Detailed Installation Guide & Help
Registering your eXplorer 4
1. If you have purchased a boxed version of the Rob Papen eXplorer 4 please download the latest version of the eXplorer 4 by following the steps below.
2. Login to your account at www.robpapen.com or if you do not have an account there please create one.
3. Then, register your RP eXplorer 4 (eXplorer 4.0) there. Go to the ‘My Products’ section and enter the serial code from your registration email, receipt, or the serial card inside the boxed product.
- Register an electronic delivered serial email or one printed on a receipt:
as an eXplorer 4.0 ‘online’ serial.
- Register boxed product with serial card:
as an eXplorer 4.0 ‘box’ serial.
4. After you have registered you will then be able open the download page below the registration. Please download the correct version for your computer.
Installing your eXplorer 4 on the PC
1. If you have upgraded from eXplorer-III or any other RP product to eXplorer 4, please run the ‘un-authorizer’ first which is located inside the installer ZIP file. Please unzip the files first before proceeding.
2. Run the eXplorer 4 installer and enter your serial when asked to. If you did not enter your serial (on first install) or have entered it incorrectly, the first program that you need to start up is BLUE-II and it will ask for it again when you first use the BLUE-II in your host (music software).
3. During installation, you will be asked which version to install and where to install it.
32-Bit version – install this version if you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, or are using a 32-bit music program (host), even if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.Note: if you are installing the 32-bit version in a 64-bit version of Windows, you can install in ‘Program Files (x86) \steinberg\VSTplugins’
For details on how to use plug-in’s in general, please check your music software (host)documentation and if the Rob Papen plug-ins don’t appear, add the location ‘ProgramFiles (x86) \steinberg\VSTplugins’ or ‘Program Files\steinberg\VSTplugins’ if needed.
64-Bit version – install this version if you are using a 64 bit music program (host).Default location of the installer is: ‘Program Files\steinberg\VSTplugins’
For details on how to use plug-in’s in general, please check your music software (host)documentation and if the Rob Papen plug-ins don’t appear, add the location ‘ProgramFiles\steinberg\VSTplugins’ if needed.
Installing your eXplorer 4 on the Mac
Run the eXplorer 4 installer and enter your serial when asked to.
Please reboot your system after running the installer.
If you did not enter your serial (on first install) or have entered it incorrectly, BLUE-II at the first startup will ask for it again when you first use the BLUE-II in your host (music software). The installer will install the 32 & 64-bit AU, VST & AAX versions of eXplorer 4.
For details on how to use plug-in’s in general, please check your music software (host)documentation.
Activating your eXplorer4
1. Next you will need to activate your eXplorer 4 at the www.robpapen.com. First plug-in you need to select is BLUE-II. Until it is activated the BLUE-II will show the activation screen when opened and you will not be able to use the product.
Note: you do not need to be connected to the internet on the machine that the eXplorer 4 is installed on.
2. Once installed, open first BLUE-II in your music host program and the BLUE-II activation screen will appear. Here you can see your serial & computer ID.
3. Click on the 'here' button, or login in to www.robpapen.com (Your Details) and open the ‘My Products’ page. Please make sure you have register your serial at the website beforehand.
4. Here, enter the “Computer ID” shown in your activation screen, and press enter. The activation code will then appear in the ‘activation’ box.
5. Enter this activation code in the activation code entry box in the activation screen of the BLUE-II and then press the green 'Activate’ button next to it. Your product will then have been activated, press the ‘Rob Papen logo’ to go to the BLUE-II itself. In the case of activation failure please check point 6.
Note: enter the serial via keyboard rather than copy & paste due to problems with some music hosts.
6. Activation failure may be caused by an incorrect typing/input error. See point 4 above. If this is the case, then visit ‘My Products’ at www.robpapen.comand there you can ‘de-activate’ the product to redo the activation. In the case of a hard disk failure and you are unable to deactivate at ‘My Products’, please log in to robpapen.com and create a support ticket.
Second & Additional Serials
If you want to install the eXplorer 4 on a second computer, you can request a second serial after you have registered your original serial. It appears as ‘2nd serial request’ inside ‘MyProducts. You will need to activate this computer via the same procedure detailed above as well. If you like to acquire additional serial(s) after that, please contact our support section or contact at www.robpapen.com for an offer.
New Computers / Hard Drive Failure
In the case of new computer / hard disk failures, you can deactivate one machine and activate another. For this, log-in and visit the ‘My Products’ section. In general you are allowed one reactivation per month, in case where you need additional re-activations, please contact Support.
If you have any questions regarding the installation of your RP software please log-in and check the F.A.Q section or contact our support team.