For the following instructions we will use LUMINA as an example library to install from USB stick.
LUMINA is stored on a high-speed USB stick. While, technically, the library can be run directly from the stick, we do highly recommend to only use the stick only as backup, and to copy the library to a hard drive.
1. Insert the LUMINA USB stick.
2. Copy the entire ‘Lumina Library’ folder to a location on your computer. The folder can be on any hard drive and inside any subfolder.
INSTALL KONTAKT PLAYER 5
1. If you do not have Kontakt 5 or Kontakt Player 5 installed, you will find installers for the Mac and Windows version of Kontakt Player 5 in the ‘Kontakt Player’ folder on the USB stick.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Kontakt Player 5.
ADD LIBRARY TO KONTAKT
1. Launch Kontakt Player 5.
2. Go to the Libraries tab (top-left).
3. Click Add Library.
4. Browse to the ‘Lumina Library’ folder that you copied to your computer earlier and double-click it.
5. You now see the contents of the ‘Lumina Library’ folder. Click Choose.
6. Kontakt may ask you for your administrator password. LUMINA is now added to your list of Kontakt libraries.
Your LUMINA box contains a challenge code. This code needs to be entered in the challenge-response system atwww.projectsam.com to retrieve your actual LUMINA product serial number. The product serial number is needed to activate the library.
1. Go to www.projectsam.com/My-Account.
2. Log in using your ProjectSAM account username and password, or create a new account if you do not have one yet.
3. Click the red ‘challenge code’ button at the top of the page.
4. Enter your challenge code into the text field and click ‘get your serial number’.
5. Your LUMINA product serial number is now displayed and safely stored in your ProjectSAM account. It has also been sent to you in an e-mail.V.
After you have added the library to Kontakt, LUMINA must be activated using your product serial number. Until you activateLUMINA, the library will run in demo mode and stop working after a certain amount of time.
1. Click the Activate button in the LUMINA image.
2. Kontakt may ask you for your administrator password. The Native Instruments Service Center application will now launch.
3. Service Center requires a Native Instruments account. Please note that this is a different account from the ProjectSAM account you have at www.projectsam.com. Log in using your Native Instruments account or create a new account if you do not have one.
4. LUMINA will be listed on the Activation tab.
5. Copy-paste your LUMINA product serial number into the provided text fields.
6. Click Activate. LUMINA is now activated.
7. Restart Kontakt for the activation to take effect.
Important note:Activation is done using the Native Instruments Service Center application. Please note that you have to log in to the Service Center using your Native Instruments account. This is a different account than your ProjectSAM website account.