Trying, Buying, Authorizing
When opening Virtual Guitarist Products during the trial period (or when clicking the Authorize button in the menu bar), you will see this overlay which
• displays information about your trial status,
• provides a link to the Virtual Guitarist website where you can purchase a permanent Virtual Guitarist Product license after or during the trial period,
• allows you to enter your credentials and authorize the Virtual Guitarist Product once you’ve purchased it.
Where to put the Content
The actual guitar goodness of any Virtual Guitarist Product – the audio content – is packed into a so-called blob file named VG-(ProductName).blob. You can keep the blob file anywhere you like (e.g. on a separate content drive). During standard installation, it will be put into the following locations on your main system drive:
OS X /Library/Application Support/UJAM/VG(ProductName)
Installing to a different drive on OS X
If you wish to install the blob file onto a separate drive, you can set a different content installation folder in the installer.
• Open the installer and follow the procedure to step “Installation Type”
• Click “VG (ProductName) Content” to select it – as shown in the image below – and follow the instructions in the installer.
Installing to a different drive on Windows
The Windows installer will automatically ask you if you want to install the content to a different directory. In Windows, you can also set a different location for the plug-in, however we recommend to leave this untouched unless you have a good reason.
Changing the content location after installation
You can always change the content location after installation by just moving the VG-(ProductName).blob file:
• Move your file to the desired location (different folder or different drive)
• Launch your DAW and open your Virtual Guitarist Product. It will present you with a dialog asking for the file location. Simply point to the new location of the VG(ProductName).blob file – done.